photo funk-header_zps0ekmkesr.png
 photo home_zpshyfejce7.png  photo RAK_zps2bn6n8mv.png  photo homeschooling_zpsregqlgr0.png  photo ourjourney_zps9eryodr3.png  photo haiti_zpsfxon8iyf.png  photo healthwellness_zpshqtqova8.png  photo camping_zpsckyk60wr.png

Tuesday, October 14, 2014



Grace

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)





Here's what I've discovered: all my God-wired ability to get through chaos, all my attempts at organization and having 5 awesome kids didn't prepare me for Grace.

But God's strength did.

Every day I turn to God and rely on what 2 Corinthians 12:9 teaches me 



I don't have it in me to do this one more day, I need Your strength.
 Some days I totally feel like this.  Especially on little or no sleep with the littles.

I don't have the patience in me for this … I need Your patience.
Patience, patience, patience...mommas know this so well

I can't think straight right now ... I need Your clarity.
Screaming kids, naughty kids, timers, buzzers, deadlines...you name it

I'm not even sure I have love in me right now ... I need Your love.
Oooh that one hurts but it is so true. It's always so hard to love when you've got a bitter angry heart.

God's strength is enough. Sometimes we have to go through the hard to see that.

Dave met with his cancer team in Green Bay yesterday and everything is fine. They scoped him again and his mouth and throat look great. They are all quite impressed by how well he is doing. The doctors gave him more advice on how to continue healing and recovering but so far they are very happy with how well he is doing. Dave has gained more weight back but it is healthy weight and he is eating great too. 2 smoothies each day packed full of goodies. He walks a lot and hopes to start more exercise routines as he continues to heal and feel stronger. The doctors words were of great relief to Dave. He has had a rough few weeks so this news came at the right time. We leave for a 2 day trip to Mayo soon for more research work and a more detailed check up.


Grace is a powerful concept.  It speaks Loud and Clear to a world that says "they deserve." 

May you live in God's grace today.
May you sense His moving in your spirit today.  


Thank you for all your prayers for Dave and for our craziness the last few weeks.  We appreciate everyone of you who reached out.  We love you dearly and couldn't do this alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips